Although you can buy unsweetened almond milk at Trader Joes or your local health store, nothing compares to the flavor and freshness you get from making it yourself. This almond milk is completely raw and preservative free. You can use this as a base to your smoothies, or enjoy it on its own. It is so delicious, I like to drink it by the glass as a treat.
This makes 2-3 servings and will keep for up to two days in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups raw almonds or hazelnuts (soaked overnight)
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water ( use more or less depending on how think you want your milk )
- Dates ( don’t forget to remove the pits)
- Soak nuts overnight in water.
- Rinse them in strainer.
- Place nuts and water in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a cheesecloth into a separate container.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of the cloth with your hands so you get all the milk out. Discard the nut pulp and fiber.
- Do a quick rinse of the blender, and put the strained milk back in the blender.
- Add dates to sweeten to your taste, or leave it out if you like it plain.
- Blend all together once more.
Making this milk was such an amazing experience. I really enjoyed it.
You Might Also Like...
INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled...
This is a must have Thanksgiving recipe. These low calorie s...
I have talked many times about how great juicing is for you....
This recipe from Eating Well combined two of my favorite bre...
While we are on this zucchini kick I thought it would be wro...