Many of you might be surprised to find that lemons do a lot more than add flavor to your water. They actually have many health benefits for your body and skin. The most simple and best way to get these nutrients is by making lemon water because, like any produce, the nutritional content is decreased when cooked. In addition to that, adding it to water increases your daily water intake. Ok, so let’s talk about these powers of a lemon.
- Lemon is a key player in detoxification. Because lemon juice produces a diuretic effect, it helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- The acidic properties of lemon will keep your urinary system in healthy condition, so this is recommended especially for those who are prone to urinary track infections.
- Vitamin C is key to improving your immune system. Drinking lemon water is a great way to increase this vitamin intake without taking extra supplements.
- Lemon water is used to prevent and treat different infections as well as to control allergies. Due to its antiseptic properties, it is effective in healing wounds. Lemon water is helpful in relieving symptoms of sore throat, tonsillitis or asthma.
- Daily consumption of warm lemon water is one of the effective remedies to get rid of obesity and belly fat. I recommend a warm cup first thing in the morning.
- Lemon water can be very effective for your skin when consumed daily. It rejuvenates the skin and gives a clear, radiant, and glowing complexion. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for acne control.
- Lemons are also a natural source of antioxidants which helps get rid of free-radicals, a major cause of premature aging.
WOW! Who would of thought that a lemon could do all that right!? Now anytime you are out to dinner and your waiter asks if you would like water, you should always say “Yes, with lemon please”. Read my article about making Lemon Ice Cubes and learn how easy it is to add fresh lemon to anything.
Here is a box of fresh lemons, grapefruits, and oranges from our trees in palm springs. I love coming home with this HUGE box of citrus. I usually juice them all and turn them into Lemon Ice Cubes and store in a big ziploc bag in the freezer.