As we welcome July, the heat usually follows which can often make us feel more sluggish and lazy. These are my top 5 tips to fight that feeling and keep you feeling great all summer long.
1. Get Moving. The best way to increase your energy is to produce endorphins. The best way to make this possible is by getting it done FIRST THING in the morning. You can avoid the heat and making excuses all day.
2. Stay Hydrated. On average a person should drink half of their body weight in oz. I say if you are at all active, (which you will be if you take the advice of tip #1) or spending time in the sun you should be INCREASING that number. Some symptoms of dehydration are irritability, headache and cravings! Do any of those things ever sound like you??! Get a water bottle you like and take it everywhere.
3. Sleep. I know, the days are long and the nights are short with so much fun to be had. But sleep controls everything!!! This is how your body and brain clean out, recover and reset. ITS ESSENTIAL! If you have some fun late evenings, make sure you are catching back up within 48 hours.
4. Fuel Your Body. Getting proper nutrition is what will keep you going strong and avoiding the spikes and crashes that occur when we are eating on the go without a plan. The 21 day fix nutrition plan is my favorite for this because it allows you to choose what you eat but ensures you are covering the proper portions of each food group.
5. Treat Yourself. Make it a habit to spend at least 15 minutes each day doing something you ENJOY! Reading a book, taking a walk, painting, journaling, you name it whatever fuels you is the correct thing. So often we forget ourselves, that simple act of enjoyment, repeated over time will produce some lasting happiness.
As you can see these tips are SIMPLE! Common knowledge is not always common practice but these are worth implementing.