Margaritas and guacamole are my two favorite things about Cinco De Mayo. Since I couldn’t enjoy one of those, I made sure to double up on the guacamole. This is a recipe I got from my sister a few years ago and I love it. Avocados are a good healthy fat, just be sure to limit your intake. You can adjust the amounts according to your flavor preference. The jalapenos heat is concentrated in the seeds, so add seeds at your own liking. This recipe is supposed to serve 4-6 but I always make a double batch.
- 2 Medium ripe avocados, halved
- 1 Plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tb fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno ( when I double I always put a whole one in)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Scoop out avocado flesh from the peel and put in a medium bowl. Remove the pit. Lightly mash.
- Add tomato, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, salt and cumin. Stir to combine. If you like your avocados more mashed, you can do that now while you stir.
- Taste and season with more lime, jalapeno, or salt if necessary.
You Might Also Like...
I am a huge fan of pita pizza. They are the ultimate way to ...
One of my favorite things to make, when the weather turns co...
I love minestrone soup and I love this one! This was a recip...
We have a farmers market very close to our new house and eve...
I love dishes like this because almost every one of the ingr...