Margaritas and guacamole are my two favorite things about Cinco De Mayo. Since I couldn’t enjoy one of those, I made sure to double up on the guacamole. This is a recipe I got from my sister a few years ago and I love it. Avocados are a good healthy fat, just be sure to limit your intake. You can adjust the amounts according to your flavor preference. The jalapenos heat is concentrated in the seeds, so add seeds at your own liking. This recipe is supposed to serve 4-6 but I always make a double batch.
- 2 Medium ripe avocados, halved
- 1 Plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tb fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno ( when I double I always put a whole one in)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Scoop out avocado flesh from the peel and put in a medium bowl. Remove the pit. Lightly mash.
- Add tomato, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, salt and cumin. Stir to combine. If you like your avocados more mashed, you can do that now while you stir.
- Taste and season with more lime, jalapeno, or salt if necessary.
You Might Also Like...
I have been reading up on the positive effects that pomegran...
I made these roasted vegetable stacked enchiladas as a part ...
I printed this recipe last year from a blog I liked and am j...
This is a weekly dinner in our house and for good reason. Th...
Without being much of a green apple fan, I was hesitant to m...