I feel like I am the only person who does not love their crock pot. I don’t know what it is, but it just never turns out great for me. So when my sister in law told me I would love this slow cooker recipe I was a little hesitant. I am so glad I gave it a try. I changed a few things from the original recipe and feel like its even better. It makes a lot which I love for freezer meals. We liked it so much we ended up thawing it out and finishing it that same week. It might be crazy for me to say this, but I feel like this one soup has reignited my interest in the crock pot. I will let you know what else I come up with and if they are a success like this one. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 2 (15 oz) cans great northern beans (or half white kidney beans)
- 1 can hominy
- 1 can white corn
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stick celery, chopped
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 can of chopped green chilis
- 1 pack of spicy taco seasoning (use regular if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 30 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soup cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Monterrey jack cheese (optional)
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker
- Top with beans, corn, hominy, onion, celery and peppers.
- In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chiles, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook about 8 hours. (Depends on your cooker because mine was done in 5 hours all 3 times I made this even when I cooked on low)
- Before serving, break up/shred the chicken and stir in sour cream.
- Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese if desired.
You Might Also Like...
We have a farmers market very close to our new house and eve...
In my attempts to prepare for baby Roose, you can bet I spen...
Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite things to order at an...
I realize we are already 3 months into 2013, but better late...
GET STARTED ON MONDAY. SEE RESULTS BY FRIDAY ...