This is probably one of the recipes that I share the most. Making pancakes has never been so easy and so healthy. This is a weekly meal in our house.
1 cup uncooked whole grain oats (not the instant kind)
6 egg whites
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 t vanilla extract
1/4 ground cinnamon
2 packets sugar substitute
1/2 cup mixed berries
1/2 cup all natural syrup
1. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray; palce over medium heat.
2. In a blender, combine oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar substitute. Blend on medium speed until smooth, about1 minute.
3. Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, onto hot skillet. Cook pancake until bubbly on top and dry around edges, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook other side until golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
4. While pancakes are cooking, microwave maple syrup until warm, about 20 seconds.
5. Place a portion of pancakes on 2 seperate plates. Top with warm maple syrup and mixed berries. Serve and enjoy!
This is another way we like to eat these pancakes. With a little peanut butter, bananas, and syrup.