Can I just say YUMMM! Ok.. Now I will continue..
I do most of my baking/ meal prepping in the evening after Scarlett goes down for bed. I was about 9Pm when I told Steve I was making chocolate zucchini bread. He was sure he would not want any (as he saw me grating 2 cups of vegetables for this so called chocolate bread) so we went up stairs and brushed his teeth. 20 minutes later the smell of chocolate intrigued him and he came back down. I guess you could say he loved them because he ate 3 of them right then! I am not lying when I say these did not make it 24 hours in our house. (I am not bragging about our lack of self control, but rather how tasty these are). You can make them in a bread pan and bake for 60-75 minutes, but I was in a hurry so I did muffins. I also like the predetermined portion control when they are muffins. (That is if you can stick to one portion).
2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Wrap the zucchini in a clean towel and gently squeeze to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, honey, oil, brown sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until well combined and smooth. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and flour, and whisk until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes for muffins, or until a thin knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool just enough not to burn yourself and then enjoy one while the chocolate chips are still melted and all yummy!
You Might Also Like...
I made these roasted vegetable stacked enchiladas as a part ...
I was excited when we got invited to a lobster and steak din...
Light, fresh, and packed with protein and healthy fats, this...
This is a weekly dinner in our house and for good reason. Th...
I have been ready to get back into my green breakfasts. The ...