I was excited when we got invited to a lobster and steak dinner last week. The only problem was I was asked to bring an appetizer and it was only a few hours away. These skewers were the perfect solution. They were so fresh, light, and easy. You can make more or less depending on how many you are serving. I made a mini batch of them the next night with the left over ingredients.
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, red or yellow
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 18-30 leaves, the big ones can be cut in half)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 2-3 dozen long toothpicks/skewers
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half so you end up with two half-basketball pieces.
- Slice the mozzarella into bite-sized chunks. Slide a piece of mozzarella onto the toothpick.
- Fold a basil leaf in half or thirds and nestle it up next to the mozzarella (large leaves can be cut into halves or even thirds).
- Slide a tomato onto the bottom of the skewer, cut side down. Move the mozzarella and basil down to meet the tomato if needed. You want the flat side of the tomato to be right at the end of the toothpick so it stands up straight.
- Place all the finished skewers on a paper plate or tray.
- Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and transfer to a platter to serve.
I also made some yummy shrimp to go with it.
You Might Also Like...
I can not tell you the last time I had stew. I'm embarrassed...
Margaritas and guacamole are my two favorite things about Ci...
Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite things to order at an...
One of my favorite dinners and I can not believe I have no p...
I love having home made snack options on hand for Scarlett. ...