Gluten free is a whole new world for me. I am still in the process of learning all the things that contain gluten just so I know what not to eat. Somehow creating a cookie that I could actually eat has top priority to this new life. I have to give some credit to my friend Diana who is also gluten free and brought me some of her cookies (of which I enjoyed 2 of them on my drive home from a workout haha). It really made me want to come home and do some experimenting. This was my first go round and I am so happy with them. I had to leave the kitchen to come post this just to get me away from eating all of them. They are so yummy. I hope you enjoy.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix together almond meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to original bowl and mix well.
- Add peanut butter
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Hide them from yourself so you don’t eat them all at once. 😉