I love dishes like this because almost every one of the ingredients is a superfood or fat fighter. The quinoa is a complete protein and there are plenty of fresh veggies, leaving this dish lacking nothing. I love the freshness that the lemon juice adds and the crunch from the onions. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomatoes cut, I used a cherry tomato mix
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spinach leaves
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, tomatoes, spinach, and onion.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt. Mix with quinoa.
4. Place spinach on plates with avocado slices and quinoa. Sprinkle with feta.
You Might Also Like...
This is probably one of the recipes that I share the most. M...
I had the pleasure of reading a book by a well known nutriti...
This is a must have Thanksgiving recipe. These low calorie s...
One of my favorite dinners and I can not believe I have no p...
Can I just say YUMMM! Ok.. Now I will continue.. I do mos...