I love dishes like this because almost every one of the ingredients is a superfood or fat fighter. The quinoa is a complete protein and there are plenty of fresh veggies, leaving this dish lacking nothing. I love the freshness that the lemon juice adds and the crunch from the onions. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomatoes cut, I used a cherry tomato mix
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spinach leaves
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, tomatoes, spinach, and onion.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt. Mix with quinoa.
4. Place spinach on plates with avocado slices and quinoa. Sprinkle with feta.