This is a must have Thanksgiving recipe. These low calorie sweet potatoes have all the traditional flavors you love, but half the fat and calories. Sweet and decadent, they make the perfect side dish. The ginger in this really adds a unexpected flavor that had everyone asking what was in them.
- 6 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsp light butter, melted (I used regular, unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown (about 40 minutes more).
- Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes, and put back in oven. Cook until marshmallows melt and begin to brown (about 10 minutes).
You Might Also Like...
I love Mexican food, and I love salads. That's why this is a...
I'm not sure if I should label these under cookie or healthy...
I love oatmeal but with it being summertime I have not wante...
We just got home from spending a week up north with my famil...
I love to use spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta. Th...