While we are on this zucchini kick I thought it would be wrong of me not to include this recipe. I hope you loved the banana zucchini muffins and the chocolate zucchini muffins from last week. These brownies are so moist and delicious. They are a low fat version of a traditional dessert.
The picture is my afternoon dessert. I made half without nuts because Steve does not like them. I could not decide which one looked better so I put both on my plate and let fate decide which if any would be left 😉
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 small or medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (kind of optional)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together.
- Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together.
- Add flour and almond meal, then chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into a prepared pan. If using walnuts, sprinkle on the top and then bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
You Might Also Like...
INGREDIENTS Marinade and Steak 2/3 cup Balsamic vinaigr...
Since my discovery of just how healthy an egg is for you, th...
Gluten free is a whole new world for me. I am still in the p...
I feel like I am the only person who does not love their cro...
Happy St.Patricks Day! Here is a green dip that you can enjo...