While we are on this zucchini kick I thought it would be wrong of me not to include this recipe. I hope you loved the banana zucchini muffins and the chocolate zucchini muffins from last week. These brownies are so moist and delicious. They are a low fat version of a traditional dessert.
The picture is my afternoon dessert. I made half without nuts because Steve does not like them. I could not decide which one looked better so I put both on my plate and let fate decide which if any would be left 😉
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 small or medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (kind of optional)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together.
- Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together.
- Add flour and almond meal, then chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into a prepared pan. If using walnuts, sprinkle on the top and then bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
You Might Also Like...
This is probably one of the recipes that I share the most. M...
INGREDIENTS Marinade and Steak 2/3 cup Balsamic vinaigr...
We just got home from spending a week up north with my famil...
I realize we are already 3 months into 2013, but better late...
I love to use spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta. Th...