Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite things to order at an Italian restaurant. Actually it was probably what I used to get 99% of the time. That is until I learned how easy it was to make it at home and for only a fraction of the calories. I now can enjoy it anytime guilt-free. Pair it with a great red wine and savor your own slice of Italy without leaving the house.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 1T garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped croutons
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 t oregano
- dash of black pepper
- 2 TB flour
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 cup tomato basil spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites and then fold in the garlic.
- In a separate bowl grate cheese & croutons (I use a mini chopper on the croutons), add oregano & pepper; mix well.
- Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then coat both sides with crouton mix.
- Place on prepared cooking pan and bake chicken for 20-25 min or until no longer pink in the center.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions and heat sauce.
- Serve chicken over pasta with sauce and 1 T mozzarella cheese.
You Might Also Like...
This recipe from Eating Well combined two of my favorite bre...
This is a weekly dinner in our house and for good reason. Th...
One of my favorite dinners and I can not believe I have no p...
Sometimes the simplest salads are the best, like this 21 day...
Without being much of a green apple fan, I was hesitant to m...