Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite things to order at an Italian restaurant. Actually it was probably what I used to get 99% of the time. That is until I learned how easy it was to make it at home and for only a fraction of the calories. I now can enjoy it anytime guilt-free. Pair it with a great red wine and savor your own slice of Italy without leaving the house.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 1T garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped croutons
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 t oregano
- dash of black pepper
- 2 TB flour
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 cup tomato basil spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites and then fold in the garlic.
- In a separate bowl grate cheese & croutons (I use a mini chopper on the croutons), add oregano & pepper; mix well.
- Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then coat both sides with crouton mix.
- Place on prepared cooking pan and bake chicken for 20-25 min or until no longer pink in the center.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions and heat sauce.
- Serve chicken over pasta with sauce and 1 T mozzarella cheese.
You Might Also Like...
INGREDIENTS 6 pita pocket bread rounds, cut in half 12...
I saw this recipe while flipping through the Vegetarian Time...
This is not your typical butternut squash soup. The curry fl...
Since my discovery of just how healthy an egg is for you, th...
Without being much of a green apple fan, I was hesitant to m...