These are a yummy way to enjoy some hearty root vegetables. You can use whichever you like, I chose sweet potato, carrots, and parsnips. The flavor combination of the maple and the dijon is excellent.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks about 1/2 inch thick
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks about 1/2 inch thick
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks about 1/2 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together the syrup, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss together with vegetables on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes.