This was a recipe I got from a friend and it is so good I had to share! I’m not sure who the original creator of it is but they did well! 😉 It’s a perfect one pot wonder for fall!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 white onions
- salt and pepper
- tb oregano
- tb herbs de provence
- tb garlic powder
- 1ts cumin
- 2 sweet potatos
- 1 can fire roasted tomato
- 1 small can of green chilis
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2-1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh diced basil
- 4 large carrots
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
1. In a large pot, sauté 2 small white onions, teaspoon of salt / pepper, tablespoon of oregano, tablespoon of herbs de Provence, tablespoon or garlic powder and teaspoon of cumin.
2. While that sautés, peel and chop 4 large carrots and 2 large sweet potatoes.
3. Once the onions cook for about 5 mins, add I can of fire roasted tomatoes, 1 small can of green chilies, and 1 cup of water. Let this cook down (on Med / High heat) for about 5 mins.
4. Add the carrots and stir. Let this cook down for about 10 minutes while you do number #5.
5. In a large bowl, add a pound of lean ground beef (or whatever meat you’d like to use), 1 egg, 1/2 – 1 cup of gluten free bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of diced fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup of fresh diced basil, salt / pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon of cumin. Mix everything with your hands and then put in the fridge for at least 10 mins.
6. Head back to the pot, add 4 cups of bone broth and your sweet potatoes.
7. Let this boil for about 10 mins. While this cooks down pull the meat out of the fridge. Use a spoon to scoop out even portions for your mini meatballs. Roll them with your hands and add them directly to the soup.
8. When the meatballs float they’re done 🙂 takes about 5 mins or so.
9. Last step is to add a cup of frozen organic corn, and 2 cups frozen (diced) broccoli.
10. Cook for another couple minutes until the frozen veggies are thawed. Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!!!
You Might Also Like...
I love making bread. However, I am always looking for health...
I am a huge fan of pita pizza. They are the ultimate way to ...
This is the first of many pumpkin recipes for this season. I...
Although you can buy unsweetened almond milk at Trader Joes ...
Margaritas and guacamole are my two favorite things about Ci...