This was a recipe I got from a friend and it is so good I had to share! I’m not sure who the original creator of it is but they did well! 😉 It’s a perfect one pot wonder for fall!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 white onions
- salt and pepper
- tb oregano
- tb herbs de provence
- tb garlic powder
- 1ts cumin
- 2 sweet potatos
- 1 can fire roasted tomato
- 1 small can of green chilis
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2-1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh diced basil
- 4 large carrots
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
1. In a large pot, sauté 2 small white onions, teaspoon of salt / pepper, tablespoon of oregano, tablespoon of herbs de Provence, tablespoon or garlic powder and teaspoon of cumin.
2. While that sautés, peel and chop 4 large carrots and 2 large sweet potatoes.
3. Once the onions cook for about 5 mins, add I can of fire roasted tomatoes, 1 small can of green chilies, and 1 cup of water. Let this cook down (on Med / High heat) for about 5 mins.
4. Add the carrots and stir. Let this cook down for about 10 minutes while you do number #5.
5. In a large bowl, add a pound of lean ground beef (or whatever meat you’d like to use), 1 egg, 1/2 – 1 cup of gluten free bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of diced fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup of fresh diced basil, salt / pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon of cumin. Mix everything with your hands and then put in the fridge for at least 10 mins.
6. Head back to the pot, add 4 cups of bone broth and your sweet potatoes.
7. Let this boil for about 10 mins. While this cooks down pull the meat out of the fridge. Use a spoon to scoop out even portions for your mini meatballs. Roll them with your hands and add them directly to the soup.
8. When the meatballs float they’re done 🙂 takes about 5 mins or so.
9. Last step is to add a cup of frozen organic corn, and 2 cups frozen (diced) broccoli.
10. Cook for another couple minutes until the frozen veggies are thawed. Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!!!
You Might Also Like...
INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled...
I made these roasted vegetable stacked enchiladas as a part ...
I printed this recipe last year from a blog I liked and am j...
I was excited when we got invited to a lobster and steak din...
This is a must have Thanksgiving recipe. These low calorie s...