This is a weekly dinner in our house and for good reason. These skewers are so easy to make, healthy, and great for a last minute dinner. With having a baby it doesn’t matter if I am “planning” to make dinner, sometimes it just doesn’t turn out that I have a ton of time. That is where these come in. Often I will cut up the bell peppers and onions at the beginning of the week or when I have a few minutes and store them in a zip lock bag in the fridge. Then when I need a quick dinner I thaw a chicken breast, (or sometimes do just veggies) and put them on the skewers and walla great dinner is minutes away.
This recipe is from the “Eating for Life” cookbook and I am now in love with the Montreal Chicken seasoning. I will do the recipe as from this book, but you will see in these pictures, we add other things too (depending on what is in our fridge). Feel free to add any kind of veggies that you like to this. Please try my citrus chicken kabobs, they are also amazing.
- 4 portions chick breast (about 1 lb), cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 12 fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1TB olive oil
- 2 ts McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Preheat Grill.
- On four skewers, alternately thread a piece of chicken, peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Lightly brush the olive oil over the kabobs and sprinkle with Montreal seasoning.
- Grill kabobs for 5 minutes, turn and rill until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 more minutes.
- Enjoy over a bed of rice, or with popyseed salad (in picture).
You Might Also Like...
I love omelettes because they are such a great way to get a ...
I made these roasted vegetable stacked enchiladas as a part ...
Good Morning! How many of you are jumping on board and doing...
This is a must have Thanksgiving recipe. These low calorie s...
With peaches and nectarines in season I can barely walk thro...