The more I learn about health and nutrition, the more I feel compelled to change the way we eat. I have never thought of myself as eating poorly; but, I view food more and more as purely fuel for the body. What you can eat either causes problems to your body or heals it. With the mix of whole grain oats, fruits, nuts, and omega-3s, this granola definitely counts as fuel for the body.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup freshly ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons walnut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix everything except for the raisins.
- Spread mixture over a non-stick backing pan and bake for 20 minutes or until nice and brown. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and toss in the raisins
- Let cool and put in a glass container. Store in refrigerator.
This recipe makes about 5 cups. It is great to make if you have a few minutes to spare and then you have granola for a whole week. It can be added to 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt or used as cereal with soy milk. I also LOVED the way this made my whole house smell!
You Might Also Like...
This was yummy! It was so fresh and flavorful. Refreshing ci...
In my attempts to prepare for baby Roose, you can bet I spen...
I had brunch with a couple friends and was instantly in love...
I have been ready to get back into my green breakfasts. The ...
I realize we are already 3 months into 2013, but better late...