I love oatmeal but with it being summertime I have not wanted to eat a warm bowl of it in the morning. Enter my new favorite thing; overnight oats! It’s a wonderfully healthy breakfast that requires no cooking and can be prepared the night before. Perfect for busy mornings. It’s also great because you can mix it up to whatever creation you like! Add different yogurt, milk, or change the toppings. It can be a breakfast staple without getting old.
- 2/3 Cup Almond milk ( or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (greek is best choice but if you don’t like the tangy taste you can use regular or any flavor you like)
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- The night before, mix all ingredients together in an air tight container (Mason Jars work great).
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- Wake up and enjoy the next day!
I like to add fresh berries and maybe a drizzle of honey depending on which yogurt I used. My favorite thing at the moment is a handful of walnuts, bananas, and a pinch of brown sugar. YUM I could eat it everyday! Mix it up and try a few different combinations. Please let me know which toppings you like the best so I can be sure to try them.