This salad reminds me of one that I love to order from a Greek restaurant near us. I sometimes crave this kind of fresh vinegary flavor and this hits the spot.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T Red wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 romaine heart, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 T peperoncini, diced (optional)
- Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt in colander set over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, red pepper, peperoncini, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, 5 minutes.
- Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.