One of my favorite dinners and I can not believe I have no posted this before. This is not the most beautiful picture of it because I wasn’t taking it for the site I was just sharing with someone. But no matter what they look like they are delicious and so easy. We just had these again tonight.
- 1 large sweet potato
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, cumin
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 avocado
- jack cheese, shredded
- lime wedge
- sour cream
- Corn tortillas
- Peel and cut sweet potato into cubes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper, and cumin over them. Bake on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- While potato is cooking prepare your toppings.
- To make the baked tostada shells, use the oven that is already 400 degrees. Season with salt. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet and bake until tostadas are lightly browned and crisp on one side, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the tortillas. Place back in the oven and cook until lightly browned and crisp on the other side, about 3-5 minutes.
- To assemble the tostadas, top a crispy corn tortilla with butternut squash, black beans, red onion, cilantro, avocado, cheese, salsa, sour cream and a squirt of lime. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like...
This is probably one of the recipes that I share the most. M...
I love omelettes because they are such a great way to get a ...
I can not tell you the last time I had stew. I'm embarrassed...
Sometimes the simplest salads are the best, like this 21 day...
This has been a GO TO dish of mine for a couple of years now...