I would have to classify these in the “too good to be good for you” category. I made these when I was pregnant and struggling with preparing snacks. I would wait until I was starving to try to find something to eat and usually I would just grab the closest thing to me that would give me some instant energy. To avoid that, I tried to have things made up already that I could just turn to when I hadn’t planned ahead. These were perfect! I also really loved having nutty power balls and no bake energy balls. The only problem is all three of these recipes are so good they never last long in our house.
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 tbaking soda
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil ( I always warm over stove just enough to make it mix better)
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl
- In separate bowl ( or mixer if you have one) combine honey, sugar, and oil. Blend well
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Gently stir in “trail mix” ingredients
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 min or until set.
- Let set on sheet a few minutes before moving. They are very crumbly straight out of oven but firm up.