Yesterday I gave Steve a list of options for dinner. As I would expect, he chose pizza. Once he heard the ingredients I had in mind he didn’t seem quite as thrilled. Funny how he was the one who couldn’t stop eating it. This pizza was so good! While the flavors were unique, they went together so well. I will for sure be making this again. I told my mom and sister about it and they are both making it tonight.
This picture does not look as good as it tastes. I was so excited to eat it, I wasn’t thinking about a good picture to put on here. Sorry.
- Your favorite pizza dough- I used trader Joes
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning potato slices and onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon, freshly chopped rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato slices and red onion slices in a bow and toss with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender. Make sure you turn them once during the 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the pizza dough.
2. Turn the oven to 500 degrees F. If you have a pizza stone, place the pizza stone in the oven to get hot. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough, using a rolling pin. Roll it out to about 3/8 of an inch. Place the pizza dough on a pizza peel or pan that has been generously coated with corn meal. Lightly brush the dough with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic. In a small bowl, toss the kale with balsamic vinegar. Top the pizza dough with mozzarella cheese, sweet potato slices, kale, red onion slices, and fresh rosemary.
3. Place the pizza in the oven-directly on the pizza stone, if using one, or on the oven rack. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Slice and serve warm.
You Might Also Like...
I love Mexican food, and I love salads. That's why this is a...
I made these roasted vegetable stacked enchiladas as a part ...
This is not your typical butternut squash soup. The curry fl...
Attention, Attention! Here is my new favorite chili recipe. ...
I have been loving the website Twopeasandthierpod.com lately...