Happy St.Patricks Day! Here is a green dip that you can enjoy today and any other day. We eat hummus and veggies nearly everyday and this is a great variation for the hummus. It is so quick to make and tastes great with veggies and pita chips. The protein from the greek yogurt and the healthy fats from the avocado make this a great combination that won’t leave you hungry an hour later. My adorable taste testers approved. Steve loved that jalapeno kick and thought that it fermented a little over night and was even better the next day. That’s another great thing about it, because of the lime juice the avocados will not turn brown.
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/2 of a seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving
- Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.
You Might Also Like...
I saw this recipe while flipping through the Vegetarian Time...
I have been loving the website Twopeasandthierpod.com lately...
In my attempts to prepare for baby Roose, you can bet I spen...
The other day we were coming home from San Diego and I was t...
I love having home made snack options on hand for Scarlett. ...